You can add a contact like a partner, carer, financial councillor or property manager to your account as an authorised person. This will allow them to contact us and discuss your account. An authorised person is not financially repsonsible for paying the account and will not be listed on the bill.
By appointing an authorised contact to act on your behalf, we may:
- seek information from that person
- provide account information to that person
- negotiate payment of your account with that person
- close your account if requested to do so by that person.
What an authorised contact can do
An authorised contact is authorised to:
- make changes to an account
- submit a move out request
- accept fees on your behalf
- request a refund into the account holders bank account or the account Altogether have been direct debiting from.
An authorised contact is not authorised to:
- claim a rebate or concession with their concession card.
- add an authorised contact
- be held accountable for debt on the account
- open an account on behalf of someone else.
Note: A power of attorney can assume the responsibilities as an account holder. If you would like to add a power of attourney to your account, please contact us.
To add an authorised contact
1. access your my account
- For instructions on setting up access or resetting your My Account password, please see: How to setup or reset your my account password.
2. above your name, select the next to account contacts
3. enter the authorised contacts:
- first and last name
- the notifications you want them to receive
- email address
- at least one contact number.
4. select add contact:
To remove an authorised contact
An authorised contact can be removed by contacting us: Contact us