If you are planning to build a house in one of our communities, you will need to register your details and provide the following documentation for approval. You can register online via the following form. Once you have registered you can submit your plans for approval. Details on how to submit your plans are provided at the bottom on the page.
You should allow 10 business days for approved plans to be returned to you. If the plans are not completed correctly you need to allow another 5 business days for every subsequent submission.
You will need to provide the following documentation:
The water services design must include a scale drawing showing all water-related services including fixtures and fittings that each pipe is connected to. The design is to be at a scale of 1: 100 in PDF format and include connection of services to the wastewater tank and recycled water services connected to the following: See example Water Services Design Plan
- All toilet cisterns;
- Clothes washing machines - cold tap only (No cold drinking water tap is permitted);
- External cold-water taps (additional drinking water cold water taps may also be provided alongside);
- Rainwater tanks are not required.
Please ensure that the water lines are clearly marked on the plans, are able to be clearly identified and a legend is included on the plans. Red(hot water), Blue(cold water), Purple(recycled), Brown(sewer) are preferred. Refer to our water plans example.
(A landscaping plan is preferred, however if one is not available please submit a site plan showing the required information)
The Landscape design must clearly show all landscaping in accordance with Altogether’s required clearances around its network infrastructure. See the Landscaping guide for details.
The following must be included in the plans:
- The wastewater collection tank location.
- The pump control panel location. The pump control panel should not be behind any fences, gates or walls and must be easily accessible to Altogether’s Scheme Operators at all times.
- The distance between the edge of the wastewater collection tank and the closest building footing - The Collection Tank must be a minimum of 2000mm from the footings of any structure. Refer to our guidelines for building near pressure sewer. Additional Engineer plans may be required.
- The distance between the wastewater collection tank and trees/bushes/fences/retaining walls/driveways (the wastewater collection tank must be a minimum of 500mm from these items).
- The distance between the wastewater collection tank and the pump control panel - Maximum 35m length of conduit between the tank and the control panel is permitted, with a maximum of 4 bends and only long radius ‘sweep’ bends are to be used.
Refer to our landscape plan example.
A complete BASIX Certificate must be supplied showing the following information:
- A water project score of 40 or more
- The total area of garden and lawn
- The BASIX ratings under fixtures
- Reticulated alternative water supply system under alternative water that is connected to:
- All toilets in the development
- The cold water tap that supplies each clothes washer in the development
- At least one outdoor tap
In NSW, connecting to our network gets a high water rating in BASIX, which means you do not need a rainwater tank.
Refer to our BASIX Certificate Example
You can submit your plans for approval using this form