If you are planning to build a house in one of our communities, you will need to register your details first. Once you have registered and received your customer registration number, you must submit the below documentation to Altogether for approval as they relate to the water and wastewater services. The link to submit your documentation is provided at the bottom of this page. To ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible, please read all the information and instructions provided on this page before submitting your documentation for approval.
You should allow 10 business days for approved documentation to be returned to you. If the documentation is not completed correctly, you need to allow another 10 business days for every subsequent submission.
If you wish to construct a secondary dwelling (either attached or detached) or a granny flat, additional fees and requirements may apply. Please refer to Adding a second dwelling, granny flat or building a duplex on our website and the Community fees and charges – water for more information.
You need to provide the following documentation:
Water Services Diagram
The water services diagram must include a scale drawing showing all water-related services including fixtures and fittings that each pipe is connected to. See Water Services Diagram example.
The Water Services Diagram submitted must :
- be at a scale of 1: 100 in PDF format
- Clearly show all water services, clearly identified with a legend. The following is preferred:
- Red (hot water)
- Blue (cold water)
- Purple (recycled water)
- Brown (wastewater)
- include connection of services to the wastewater collection tank
- show recycled water services connected to all of the following:
- All toilet cisterns
Clothes washing machines (i.e. the cold tap only)
NB: No cold drinking water service is to be provided to the washing machine
A minimum of two outdoor recycled water taps.
We recommend including one tap in the front of the property and one in the rear to enable customers to easily water their gardens and lawns, as well as wash cars, external surfaces, and furnishings.
- Not show any rainwater tanks.
- Show conduit lines from the pump control panel location to the wastewater collection tank and the recycled water meter.
The conduit line between the pump control panel and the wastewater collection tank must not exceed 35m, with a maximum of 4 bends and long radius ‘sweep’ bends only. Refer to our Water Services Diagram example.
- Show conduit line from the pump control panel location to the cold potable water meter (Cooranbong and Huntlee only).
See our plumbers guide for further details
Landscape plan or Site plan
The following information is to be shown on a landscaping plan or site plan. A landscaping plan is preferred.
The Landscape plan must clearly show all landscaping in accordance with Altogether’s required clearances around its network infrastructure. See the Landscaping guide for details.
The following must be included in the plans:
- The wastewater collection tank location.
- The pump control panel location. The pump control panel should not be behind any fences, gates or walls, be in line of sight with the wastewater collection tank and must be easily accessible to Altogether’s Scheme Operators at all times.
- The distance between the edge of the wastewater collection tank and the closest building footing - The Collection Tank must be a minimum of 2000mm from the footings of any structure. Refer to our guidelines for building near pressure sewer. Additional engineering plans may be required. Refer to our engineering plan example.
- The distance between the wastewater collection tank and trees/bushes/fences/retaining walls/driveways (the wastewater collection tank must be a minimum of 500mm from these items).
- The distance between the wastewater collection tank and the pump control panel - Maximum 35m length of conduit between the tank and the control panel is permitted, with a maximum of 4 bends and only long radius ‘sweep’ bends are to be used.
Refer to our landscape plan example.
A complete BASIX Certificate must be supplied showing the following information:
- A water project score of 40 or more
- The total area of garden and lawn
- The BASIX ratings under fixtures
- Under alternative water, connection to a “Reticulated alternative water supply system” that includes connection to:
- “All toilets in the development”
- “The cold water tap that supplies each clothes washer in the development”
- “At least one outdoor tap in the development”
- The BASIX Certificate must not show connection to a rainwater tank. In NSW, connecting to our network gets a high water rating in BASIX, which means a rainwater tank is not required. DA plans that show rainwater tanks will be rejected since reticulated recycled water is available to supply all non-potable uses on the property.
Refer to our BASIX Certificate Example
Engineering plans (if required)
Engineering plans are required if the distance between the house foundation and the edge of the wastewater collection tank is less than the required 2000 mm zone of influence clearance.
The engineering drawings must show:
- SLAB: clearly showing a 2000mm distance circumference around the tank in proximity to the dwelling
- PIERING: a cross-section of the proposed piering clearly indicating the depth required to overcome the zone of influence (taking into consideration the soil type) from the wastewater collection tank (refer to Altogether's Guidelines for building near pressure sewer assets)
- Tank Size and depth – please note the below tank size and depth:
- 650L tank = 2100 deep
- 800L tank = 2400 deep
- 950L tank = 2700 deep
Refer to our engineering plan example
Please provide a site plan or landscape plan showing the following information:
- pool location
- pool volume in litres
- If the wastewater collection tank is in the rear of the property, the location of the tank must be shown. (To find the location of the wastewater collection tank please use the Network reticulation plans and search by scheme and lot number)
- If the pool and wastewater collection tank are both in the same location i.e. rear of the property, the distance from the pool footing to the wastewater collection tank must be shown.
For further details of Altogether’s specific requirements for properties with swimming pools and/or spas, please refer to Altogether’s pool and spa guidelines.
Prior to submitting your plans and applying for building approval, please ensure your plans adhere to the above requirements.
A checklist of requirements can be found here: Altogether Building Approval checklist
You can submit your plans for approval here