Altogether is a private multi-utility service provider on a mission to make the world a brighter place with simple, sustainable water, energy, and data services.
Did you know… recycled water can save you up to 70% of drinking water?
Recycled water is less costly than drinking water and is great for the environment. Read more about recycled water here: altogether - recycled water.
Recycled water can generally be used for
- Flushing toilets
- Washing clothes
and in most communities, for
- Car washing
- Ornamental water features
- Wash down
- Watering common areas
Check out permitted uses in your community: altogether - communities.
Recycled water is not for drinking, cooking, bathing, or other personal uses. You also cannot fill your swimming pool with recycled water.
- We recommend you conduct an annual cross connection check to ensure your recycled water and drinking water systems are plumbed correctly. Read about conducting a cross connection check here: Cross connection checks.
- As a user of our sustainable recycled water system, you have some important responsibilities. Anything you put down the toilet, bathroom, kitchen, or laundry sink comes back to our local water centre and could cost you money through damages. Read more about your responsibilities here: Dos and dont's of the recycled water system.
- Remember to only flush the 3P's - Poo, Pee, and Paper.
- Businesses, make sure your customers are aware of recycled water by having signage at any accessible recycled water taps.
More detail on your recycled water system can be found in our information packs
Please call us with any questions on 1300 803 803 or get in touch online: Contact us